Pages





Sunday 11 May 2014

My Favourite Crayon

Have you ever bought a paper collection and though why did I get that!!!!  Well I did with the Bobunny Zip A Dee Doodle Paper collection.  Sheesh not my colours, not my style must have had a blond moment.  Picked it up then put it down again several times.  Then found it again and decided to look at it do I use it, give it away hmmmm.  Then I had a eureka moment the monochromatic side of the papers perfect for making a mini album for a youngster.  They can colour in the paper and keep notes, pictures, whatever in it.  Get them started on scrapbooking.  I then came across a chipboard album and hey presto My Favourite Crayon album was born.  I dug into my dies box, love my bigshot er even adore it lol to use with this album.

So got the BoBunny Zip A Dee Doodle Paper collection and decided what ones to use and found I needed a sheet of each.  I used the black chipboard Tall Album and it went well together.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I used the acetate as the front page with chipboard pieces from the collection.  I then layered it over a page and left it relatively blank for the youngster to do their own front design.  I added a little chipboard bow at the top just as a wee note.  I accidentally punch a hole in the wrong side oopsy but you could add a charm, ribbons etc whatever the youngster wants.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I have a lovely die called Lifestyle Crafts Pocket Die Set, loving the look of it, took two diecuts and used them to make a pocket.  As it is an intricate front I put some cardstock behind so you can easily take the tag in and out.  A chipboard tag was added to the front as a closure.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I love the shadow box that Debi Schnabel put up and was used as a challenge on Scrapadabadoo Crafts, and it fit nicely on one of the sides, I used an A4 sheet and the scoring was perfectly aligned with any size of paper, yippee, can make any size shadow box now.  I had some Tim Holtz sticky tissue paper roll in the back of my desk so decided to use that which can be colour that in as well.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I so love the LIfestyle Crafts Treat Pocket Die and use it everywhere I can lol.
Put a chipboard arrow on top of tag just for a pop of colour.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Two envelopes 4 1/2” x 4 1/2”, you gotta love that envelope board
makes the envelopes to fit your work.  I don’t need to have a ton of envelopes just in case now.
I used the top flap cut down to use as a hinge for them, enables the young un to access the patterned paper for colouring.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
(aside hmmm need to get the other two – ooooh Carol lol)
Two on top, two on bottom, hinged to flip open sideways right and left.
A circular paperclip to keep them closed.

Er did I mention this is for a young un, hmmm well adults can colour in too it is very soporific.
Have fun making it, I did.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful MA....and how clever to use this as a coloring type book for the kiddos. I love it!

    ReplyDelete